Reporting directly to Reception Manager and General Manager you will be the first point of contact for all guests. First impressions count and you’ll be the first to set the warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. You’ll welcome guests on arrival, ensure they have everything they need during their stay and wish them well upon departure. You’ll be able to assist guests in a friendly, confident and professional manner over the phone, email and in person, working hard to make sure our guests have a fantastic experience from our first interaction to our last.
- Welcoming all guests, upon arrival at the premises whether dining in Restaurant/bar, checking in or attending a function.
- Directing and assisting guests as necessary, promoting a helpful, friendly and professional image, giving full attention to their requirements and co-operating fully with all aspects of customer care, ensuring full customer satisfaction by following the correct feedback and follow up.
- Answering the telephone utilising a friendly, polite & courteous telephone manner at all times, in line with James Places style and tone to ensure all guests’ needs are looked after promptly and efficiently.
- Taking accurate restaurant and hotel reservations over the phone, face to face, or via email together with further requirements follow up, completing all administration for bookings immediately.
- Carrying out selected courtesy calls after clients dining experiences.
- Maintaining effective communication with all departments about all reservations.
- Ensuring guests receive efficient service leading up to their arrival, including confirmation and all information/menus as necessary.
- Escalating customer issues to the relevant senior member of the team for closure.
- Carrying out all reception and administration duties
- Ensuring all filing is kept tidy and up-to-date.
- Ensuring the front desk area and back office are kept tidy at all times.
- Assisting with typing/clerical work as directed by the Reception Manager, General Manager or Head Chef.
- Undertaking all administrative tasks specified by Reception Manager/Events Manager. I.e. Mail shots, upkeep of databases.
- Solving any problems which arise during your shift (if possible) prior to leaving.
- Ensuring open/close down checklists, weekly checklists and handover diary are completed thoroughly and updated where necessary.
- Upselling/ promoting the business and the events, conferences and dining options by interacting with customers to secure further custom.
- Attending Company training sessions and utilising new skills within service.
Previous hotel reception experience preferred
- Friendly, professional and customer focused.
- Good communication skills and able to build relationships.
- Team player.
- Able to manage numerous, simultaneous priorities.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to spot and maximise sale opportunities.
- Enjoys working in a busy environment.
Salary on Offer: Competitive rates of pay and flexible working hours.